So recently I was nominated by Collecting Daisies and GraceBeautyFashionLifestyle to do the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award as well as Polished Couture for the One Lovely Blog Award and finally, Macha for the Liebster Award. There are a few lots of questions I have to answer so I’m just going to break them up into their respective awards. Thank you to all the lovely blogs that nominated me, I am so grateful! Strap yourselves in because this is going to be a long post.
Sisterhood of World Bloggers:
The rules are as follows:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you by linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions they have set you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten people
The Questions – Collecting Daisies:
1) What your favorite beauty/fashion post you’ve ever written? Probably my first beauty post Everyday Makeup Meets Project Pan just cause it was really the start of something that I love doing now.
2) Where do you buy your makeup? Mostly Mecca Maxima/Cosmetica, Myer and David Jones. I also use a few online sites such as Beauty Bay, Urban Outfitters, iHerb for hard to find brands in Australia.
3) Which product in your makeup bag could you not live without? This is a fight to the death between concealer and mascara.
4) On a scale of 1 to 10, how big of a product junkie are you (hair, skin, makeup)? I would probably have to say an 8 or 9ish?
5) Do you always read reviews before buying a product? When it’s a high end product, definitely but not always for drugstore.
6) What’s one of your favorite simple makeup tips that makes a big difference? Concealer under your eyes and always curl your lashes, it’s all about looking awake.
7) Do you prefer lipgloss, lipstick, or both? Why? Most definitely lipstick, I really don’t wear lipgloss because I don’t like the texture.
8) Does your makeup style change from day to day or do you stay with the same type of look? Mostly it stays the same because I’m almost always in a rush but it does really depend on where I’m going and what I’m doing.
9) Where do you get your makeup inspiration? Youtube 100%
10) What do you think is the most important part of the makeup routine? Dare I say it, skincare. I think that if you look after your skin your makeup just looks 100000 times better. Preparation is the key!
11)What are you favourite coloured lipstick(s) or lipgloss(es) and why? I would have to say nude or sheer, I don’t really branch out with my lip colours very much to be honest…
12) Why did you create your blog? I’ve always enjoyed reading beauty blogs and watching Youtube videos and I just thought it would be a good opportunity to share my knowledge and a creative outlet to share my writing and photos.
13) What’s your favourite shampoo and conditioner? Pretty much anything John Feida.
14) What’s your favourite hairstyle and why? Messy bun all day everyday haha I’m just lazy when it comes to hair and I don’t like it in my face.
15) Most recent makeup product you bought? My Anastasia brow products.
16) If you could dye your hair any colour, what colour would you dye it to and why? My hair is actually dyed at the moment and I’ve had ombre/balayage in it before too. I think I would dye it the colour it is now cause it’s just really nice and natural.
17) What’s your favourite season and why? Either Spring or Autumn, I feel like they’re transitioning seasons so the weather isn’t too hot and it’s not too cold.
18) Most recent makeup product used? Mascara
19) Favourite TV show and movie and why? Suits. Suits. Suits. Suits. I am obsessed with Harvey and Mike. And It’s just a really good, well written show. I also love Game of Thrones but it just sucks that I always have to wait a year until the next season!
20) Who’s your style icon? I really don’t have one to be honest, I like wearing stripes, does that count? haha
1. You must link back to the blog that nominated you
2. Answer all the questions and come up with 10 of your own
3. Tag 11 bloggers with under 200 followers
Questions – Macha:
1. What is your favourite thing about blogging ? Sharing my knowledge with others and seeing their responses and taking nice photos haha
2. What is the thing you like the least about blogging ? Having to prepare and plan everything out
3. How has blogging changed your life? It has allowed me an outlet to show my creative side and it makes me a lot happier
4. What makeup item can you not live without? Again either concealer or mascara
5. What is the last thing you regret buying ? Probably my Nars Tinted Moisturiser because its quite expensive and it oxidises!
6. Is there a motto or an advice you live by ? Make our own happiness, don’t rely on others to have to do it for you.
7. What’s the number one thing you would tell your younger self ? Don’t try and grow up so fast, enjoy the life you have.
8. What country would you want to live in ? I think I would like to live somewhere in Europe temporarily, maybe France or UK?
9. What is your favourite recipe? I’m not really a massive cook but I make a delicious salad with rocket, poached balsamic chicken, sweet potato, feta and grilled eggplant. It’s delicious and my mouth is watering right now haha
10. Blog or Youtube ? Blog, I don’t think I have the courage to do Youtube just yet.
1. What interested you about blogging?
2. What are you top 3 holy grail products (can be makeup, skincare, haircare)?
3. Summer or winter?
4. What is the product you have been lusting after the longest?
5. Do your friends/family know about your blog?
6. Drugstore or high end?
7. What is the category of makeup products you love to buy most (ie. bases, lips, eyes)?
8. What is your clothing style?
9. What is your favourite book/series?
10. How long does it take you to get ready?
One Lovely Blog – Polished Couture:
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
1. I am half Portuguese and half Chinese
2. I have two younger brothers
3. I am studying Occupational Therapy at university
4. I work at a sports store
5. I HATE rollercoasters/thrill rides
6. I also hate horror movies
7. I wont ever leave the house without wearing some form of makeup
Alright so now that all the questions/facts have been answered I nominate (you are free to choose whichever award you want to do/what suits you best):
I also nominate anyone else who wants to do these questions, feel free!